Hello and thank you for your interest in our website. Among other things, we take your rights to privacy, data protection and informational self-determination very seriously. Therefore, we would like to inform you about the following:
Who are we?
Thomas-Mann-Straße 16 – 20
Phone: +49 911 480499-0
CEO: Mr. Jürgen Lobach
Who is responsible for data protection (data protection officer)?
At Choice, everyone is responsible for protecting personal data. In addition, we have decided to appoint a data protection officer. To ensure his independence, we have commissioned an external consultant. This is the lawyer Dr. med. Stephan Gärtner. You are welcome to contact him at any time. You can reach him as follows:
Lawyer Dr. Stephan Gärtner
Phone: +49 30 89614237
Fax: +49 3012053097 9
We collect personal data from you. What data? Through what? How long is it stored? And are we even allowed do that?
A clear answer to these questions can be found in our table:
Are we obliged to collect this data? What happens if we do not collect this data?
There is no legal obligation to collect this data. However, there is a possibility that the visit to our website is made more difficult if the collection of data is disagreed to.
Our customers receive further information from us
(1) This section only applies if you are our customer:
(2) We use your email address in addition to the contract to inform you by email about similar goods / services. We base this processing of your data on Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO. According to this provision, the processing is lawful, if processing is necessary to safeguard the legitimate interests of the responsible person or a third party, unless the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject requiring personal data protection prevail. In this context, the first indication of our overriding interest is the 47th recital of the GDPR, which states that the processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes can be considered as legitimate processing. In addition, we rely on the briefing paper issued by the independent data protection authorities of Bund und Länder (Datenschutzkonferenz – DSK) Nr. 3, entitled „Verarbeitung personenbezogener Daten für Werbung”, in which the supervisory authorities point out that: “Basis for the assessment of the admissibility of Advertising is in the future, apart from a consent, a balance of interests according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DS-GMO. The starting point for the decision to make a decision is Recital (Adv.) 47 DS-GVO […] “. Against this background, we have made a balance of interests and have taken into account that there is already a contractual relationship between you and us, if you are our customer. In addition, we have addressed you in your business environment, so it is assumed that you are interested in our services. To protect your interests, it is of course always possible to object to the delivery of the newsletter. For this you simply send a message to a contact channel mentioned under “Who are we?” or any other channel connected to our company.
(3) You will also be notified here and in every newsletter about your opt-out and other rights.
How do we use Google Analytics?
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymization is activated on this website, Google will truncate your IP address beforehand within member states of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on the website activity and to provide other services related to the website usage and internet usage to the website operator.
(2) The IP address transmitted by Google Analytics as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other data provided by Google.
(3) You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; However, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website in full. Furthermore, you can prevent the collection of the data by Google generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google by using the browser plug-in available under the following link. Download and install: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp ()”. As a result, IP addresses are processed shortened, a person-relatedness can be excluded. Insofar as the data collected about you is assigned a personal reference, it will be immediately excluded and the personal data will be deleted immediately.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. With the statistics we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which Personal Information is transferred to the US, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework .
How do we use Matomo?
(1) This website uses the web analysis service Matomo to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. With the statistics we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user.
(2) Cookies are stored on your computer for this evaluation. The responsible person stores the information collected exclusively on his server in [Germany]. You can adjust the evaluation by deleting existing cookies and preventing the storage of cookies. If you prevent the storage of cookies, we point out that you may not be able to use this website to the full extent. The prevention of the storage of cookies is possible through the setting in your browser.
(3) This website uses Matomo with the extension “AnonymizeIP”. As a result, IP addresses are processed in shortened form, which means that direct personal reference can be excluded. The IP address transmitted by Matomo from your browser will not be merged with other data collected by us.
(4) The Matomo program is an open source project. Third-party privacy information is available at http://Matomo.org/privacy/policy.
How do we use social media plug-ins?
(1) We are currently using the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Xing, LinkedIn, Instagram. We use the so-called two-click solution. In other words, when you visit our site, no personal data is initially passed on to the providers of the plug-ins. The provider of the plug-in can be identified by the marking on the box above its initial letter or logo. We give you the opportunity to communicate directly with the provider of the plug-in via the button. Only if you click on the marked field and activate it, the plug-in provider receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding website of our online service. In addition, the data referred to in paragraph 3 will be transmitted. In the case of Facebook and Xing, according to the respective providers in Germany, the IP address is anonymized immediately after collection. By activating the plug-in, personal data will be transmitted by you to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (with US providers in the USA). Since the plug-in provider carries out the data collection, in particular via cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies before clicking on the greyed-out box via the security settings of your browser.
(2) We have no influence on the collected data and data processing operations, nor are we aware of the full extent of the data collection, the purpose of the processing, the storage periods. We also have no information to delete the data collected by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and / or tailor-made design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (also for non-logged-in users) for the presentation of needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the formation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise it. Through the plug-ins we offer you the opportunity to interact with the social networks and other users, so that we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user.
(4) The data transfer takes place regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in there. If you are logged into the plug-in provider, your data collected from us will be assigned directly to your existing account with the plug-in provider. If you press the activated button and z. For example, if you link the page, the plug-in provider also stores this information in your user account and shares it publicly with your contacts. We recommend logging out regularly after using a social network, but especially before activating the button, as this will prevent you from being assigned to your profile with the plug-in provider.
(5) For more information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider, please refer to the privacy statements of these providers, which are provided below. There you will also find further information about your rights and settings options for the protection of your privacy.
(6) Adressen der jeweiligen Plug-in-Anbieter und URL mit deren Datenschutzhinweisen:
- a) Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information about the data collection: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications and http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo Facebook has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- b) Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/?hl=de. Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- c) Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy. Twitter has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- d) Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, DE; http://www.xing.com/privacy
- e) Instagram LLC, 1601 Willow Rd, Menlo Park CA 94025, USA, https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
- f) LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
How do we use YouTube videos?
(1) We have included YouTube videos in our online offering, which are stored on www.YouTube.com and are directly playable from our website. [These are all included in the “extended privacy mode”, d. H. that you do not transfer data about you as a user to YouTube if you are not playing the videos. Only when you play the videos, the data mentioned in paragraph 2 will be transmitted. We have no influence on this data transfer.
(2) By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding underside of our website. In addition, the data referred to in paragraph 3 will be transmitted. This happens regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account that you are logged in to, or if there is no user account. When you’re logged in to Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish to associate with your profile on YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and / or custom design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for non-logged-in users) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of these User Profiles, and you must be directed to YouTube to use them.
How do we use Google Maps?
(1) On this website we use the offer of Google Maps. This allows us to show you interactive maps directly on the website and allow you to use the map function comfortably.
(2) By visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding underside of our website. In addition, the data referred to in paragraph 3 will be transmitted. This is done regardless of whether Google provides a user account that you are logged in to, or if there is no user account. When you’re logged in to Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and / or customization of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for non-logged-in users) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right of objection to the formation of these user profiles, and you must comply with this to Google.
How do we use rexx systems?
(1) To gain new employees for our team, we use the services of rexx systems. The provider of rexx systems is the rexx systems GmbH Headquarters, Süderstrasse 75-79, 20097 Hamburg, Germany, Tel. +49 40 8 900 800, Fax +49 40 8 900 80 – 120, firstname.lastname@example.org, https://www.rexx-systems.com/datenschutz.php.
(2) In addition to the normal recruiting services, we also include rexx systems in our website. Further information on data protection at rexx systems can be found here: https://www.rexx-systems.com/datenschutz.php. Further information on the integration of rexx systems can be found here: https://www.rexx-systems.com/news/108-firmen-internetadressen-und-social-bookmarks-fuer-jobs.php. In this case, the following happens: For installations that do not run the rexx job portal with its own Internet address (so-called “URL”), but embed the jobs via a so-called “iframe” in their own website, look at the job URL such as: http://101.rexx-server.com/portal-musterfirma/stelle-j101.php. These URLs are also passed on via the rexx interfaces to external job sites such as Monster, Stepstone, Jobware etc. With the new rexx URL-Builder we can now associate the job advertisements URL with such or similar names: http://www.MyCompany.com/jobs.php?yid=129. When calling up such a URL, we ensure that the environment of our website is displayed menu or headers are also displayed so that you, as a potential candidate, can access the other job offers and the entire website via the job list.
(3) We have carefully selected and contracted this provider and we monitor him regularly.
To whom do we transmit the data? And: Do the data leave the European Union or the European Economic Area?
The following companies receive the above-mentioned data, indicating below if the data leaves the European Union or the European Economic Area:
Third country reference:
- Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information about the data collection: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other-applications sowie http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-everyoneinfo.
- Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/?hl=de.
- Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy.
- LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Instagram LLC, 1601 Willow Rd, Menlo Park CA 94025, USA
- Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, DE; http://www.xing.com/privacy.
- Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001 (Google Analytics)
Do we ensure adequate data security?
We maintain up-to-date technical measures to ensure data security, in particular to protect your personal data against dangers during data transfers as well as prior knowledge of third parties. These are adjusted according to the current state of the technology.
(1) Furthermore, cookies are stored on your computer when using the website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk and assigned to the browser you are using, and that provide certain information to the body that sets the cookie (in this case us). Cookies can not run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer more user-friendly and effective overall.
(2) In addition to the descriptions above, we still use the cookies as follows: Cookie for storing the chosen topics in the “Choose Your Content” feature, a cookie for storing the chosen color in the color picker and daily color change via server time,
(3) Insofar as cookies have not already been linked to a legal basis above, we refer to Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO, where we derive our legitimate interest from the need to provide the website and direct mail (Article 6, Section 1, sentence 1, subparagraph (f DSGVO)).
Which rights do you have?
You have several rights. You have the right to obtain information about the personal data we have processed as well as rectification or deletion, limitation of processing, opposition to processing and data portability. Furthermore, you have the opportunity to complain about us to our supervisory authority. We politely point out that these laws may be subject to conditions that we will insist upon.